Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaKniSweMo- Day 2

My extra hour, courtesy of the end of Daylight Savings Time was used to continue knitting in pattern on the back. The pattern repeat is 44 rows and I've not yet completed one repeat but should reach that milestone tomorrow. Cuzco is a very pleasant yarn to knit - 50% merino Peruvian wool and 50% alpaca with a mostly uniform twist and good elasticity. Although this is a bulky yarn it does not feel heavy.

I'm starting to be suspicious that my sweater does not contain 50,000 stitches. I'm about to finish the first hank of yarn (8 required for my size) and I'm only totaling just over 4000 stitches.

Yarn color today is a much more accurate representation of the true color ( on my monitor anyway). The color name is Achiote which prompted a little Internet research.
Per Wikipedia, achiote is a small shrub or tree native to the tropical region of the American continent. Best known as the source of the natural pigment annatto produced from the fruit and used as coloring for foods such as cheeses, butter, and salad oil. The achiote flower is pink, the fruits are described as brown or reddish-brown and the seeds are orange-red. I would describe this color as a purplish red.

Stitch total to date = 4147.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

This is going to be a beautiful sweater! I love the color and the stitch pattern.