Sunday, July 29, 2007

Knitting on the Road

DH and I are currently approaching the end of our vacation. Rather than fly we drove from upstate NY to the Black Hills of South Dakota which has given me hours of knitting time. I've completed four Dulaan Hats.

Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Chunky - Gray Tweed

Debbie Bliss Chunky Cashmerino - Red

Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Chunky - Teal

Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Chunky - Cranberry


I've also completed the Victorian Lace Socks for the Six Sox Knitalong. These were a challenge in a number of ways. The lace pattern is a 12 row repeat and I am not one of those who memorizes a pattern easily so I found myself constantly referring to the chart and checking off rows to keep track of where I was. Also, this sock pattern specifies a short row toe which was new for me. I did a so-so job of this on the first sock and a much better job on the second. Lastly rather than kitchenering the toes (which I am just starting to do reasonably well) the designer of this sock used a three needle bindoff which I discovered I really enjoy. All in all I am well pleased with these socks and look forward to wearing them when the temperature drops.

Victorian Lace Socks

Apricot Regia Silk

Knitpicks Size 1 DPNs

We have two more days of driving and I'm working on Preemie Hats from Lion Brand Microspun and the second scarf for the Red Scarf Project. Will I run out of knitting before I get home? Let's hope not!

No comments: