Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Central Park Hoodie Part Two

Today was a lovely day for knitting. Snow day with classes cancelled at my workplace so I could stay indoors and knit away on the back of my Central Park Hoodie. I made significant progress, starting the bindoff for the sleeve and progressing beyond to the neck. I had hoped to complete the back today. But,when I noticed that I had placed a cable two rows too early I decided to call it a day, frogged back to the mistake and got my stitches back on the needles. When I first began the sweater and completed the ribbing I decided that I was making the sweater too large so went down a size. Today I decided perhaps I should check the back against some of my sweaters that I frequently wear and love. To my surprise most of them are wider than I thought. Alas, my CPH is too small. Tonight I will frog and tomorrow I will begin again. Will it knit more quickly the second time? We'll see. I keep reminding myself that this is my first sweater and a learning experience so I have indeed learned something about sizing.

3 comments:

rahime said...

Ouch! Good luck...

Hilary said...

Oh no! Is it *way* too small? It does sound like there is quite a bit of leeway in the blocking. I am having the opposite problem: I went up a size and now I'm afraid mine is going to be huge.
Hang in there!

em-geek said...

I'm jealous of your snowday!

My car was so encased in ice that by the time I scraped it out, my hands were covered in blood. But no snowday here.

But, yeah, the second time knitting something usually does go better... and hey, you get more relaxing knitting time out of the same yarn! It saves $$!