Sunday, May 6, 2007

Not This Week

Despite my best efforts the CPH body is not quite complete. I've been oh so close several times and today I thought it was finished but just discovered that the right front is one cable repeat longer than the left front. I'm taking a break. This particular knitting project is too involved to complement the rest of my life right now. Maybe tomorrow after work I'll be ready to reknit the remaining few inches and maybe I'll return to this project when the semester ends in two weeks. In my drive to meet my knitting goals I've killed the joy of the process and I'm making silly, dare I say stupid, mistakes.
My most recent EBay bargain was three skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky in a color Debbie Bliss calls Lime

and DH calls Puke Green. Perfect for knitting up the Simply Soft Cashmerino Dulaan Hat.
Tonight, after the laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping are done, I fully intend to plop myself in front of the TV to watch my Netflix West Wing Season 7 episodes. I'll be knitting hats until further notice.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh, I'm sorry about your setback! You know I did the same thing (except on just one side of my front) and *didn't* notice until after I'd gone on to knit the hood ... so I left it. And after seaming and blocking, you really can't tell. So that's an option, if you don't want to go back! Yours would be less noticeable than mine.
I have some skeins of Cashmerino and Cashmerino Chunky too ... that's a nice-looking hat!
Thanks for your nice comment the other day. I have two projects I want to start next: a shawl/wrap for my great-aunt, and the baby sweater for my son's music teacher. They are both much more interesting to me than the sweater for my son I'm supposed to be working on ...