Thursday, October 4, 2007

Seven Months in the Making

I began Central Park Hoodie back in February with expectations that it would be finished and worn during the winter of 07. Silly me! Parts of this sweater were knit three times as I first discovered that the size I had selected was too small and then that I was twisting my stitches. Interest lagged when I could work on a small quick project and get some instant gratification so I watched many others complete beautiful sweaters while mine sat on my dining room table waiting for my attention. I'm not sure what finally motivated me to pick up those stitches, knit the buttonband and complete the final seaming but I'm so glad I did. Youngest DD told me that I would be so happy when it was finished and she was right.








Pattern: Central Park Hoodie by Heather Lodinsky, Knitscene Fall 200

Size: 44

Yarn: 12.5 skeins Classic Elite Skye Tweed Scottish Mist

Needles: Addi Turbo Size 6 and 8

Modifications: Shortened ribbing on the sleeves and I'm glad I did as I'm still folding them up.


6 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow, it looks GREAT. I love it! And I love the color. For some reason it's not at all the color I remembered you were doing! You must be so happy to have it done. And I think the rest of '07 counts as the winter of '07, assuming it's eventually going to get cold ...

AuntieAnn said...

Beautiful! And I love your choice of buttons, too.

Pat said...

Your CPH is GORGEOUS! Oh how I love tweed!
For some reason my sweaters take an eternity to knit too. (It's just so much easier to pick up a small project) I think February to October is very good for this intricate beautiful sweater! I bet you will wear it all winter!

rahime said...

Well worth the wait - what a gorgeous and well-fitting sweater!

Zonda said...

Great job! It looks so good on you and I love those buttons!

Unknown said...

That is simply fantastic!